[Samba] NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE fedora 10 with latest samba

it from AK guitar.plyr2007 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 08:13:22 GMT 2009

I just installed samba and the smb.conf is as follows
[global]
   workgroup = NUS
   valid users = Admin,Tech
   read only = no
   netbios name = kiska
   server string = Samba %v on (%L)
   security = user
   hosts allow = 192.168.
   load printers = yes
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   printing = cups
   cups options = raw
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   max log size = 50
   passdb backend = tdbsam
   local master = yes
   os level = 33
   domain master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   wins support = no
   dns proxy = no

[homes]
   comment = [Insert Title Here]
   browseable = no
   writeable = yes

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /usr/spool/samba
   browseable = No
   guest ok = No
   writable = No
   printable = Yes

[businesses]
	path = /home/businesses
	read only = no[/CODE]

I have added a user via

smbpasswd -a Admin
smbpasswd -e Admin

then I enter

smbclient //kiska/Admin

it then ask's

enter root's password:

I have imputed just about every password known to that computer an I still
get the message:

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILED

I put in the Admin password and the root's password and neither work. I keep
getting that message no matter what I do. I even tried the user password and
not the SMB password. I tried "cat /dev/nul > /etc/samba/smbpasswd" and that
made no difference either.

any Ideas?

thnx