[Samba] password authentification

BeefStu BeefStu beefstu350 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 5 18:46:09 GMT 2009

All,

I am trying to setup samba so that it uses the password from my AD instead of having a password file in SAMBA.

I think I have the samab.cnf file setup correctly:

[global]
        workgroup = hshh;
        security = DOMAIN
        auth methods = ntdomain
        password server = ttndc3
        max xmit = 65535
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
        ldap ssl = no
        oplocks = No

Can somebody tell me what I have to do on the windows 2003 side to make

this work. I am guessing I have to setup a samaba acct in AD but not to sure. Can somebody please verify and maybe send me a screen print.

In addition, let me know if I have do anything else on the UNIX end (AIX 5.3).

Thanks in advance to all who respond