[Samba] Make CIFS look like NFS

Brian Krusic brian at krusic.com
Wed Jun 3 18:53:03 GMT 2009

You can have an NFS mount on your Nix box like /JOBS/stuff and a CIFS
mount on XP like \\JOBS\stuff.

In this case, JOBS is the Samba server name.

This is how I maintain the same paths in scripts on diff platforms.
Al you have to ensure is that your app will obey UNC paths so that a
drive letter is never saved out in the file.

- Brian