[Samba] My Documents: Music shows, Pictures not so much

Todd E Thomas todd_dsm at ssiresults.com
Tue Jun 2 21:58:25 GMT 2009

on the outside chance I didn't provide nearly enough information I
thought I would include the configuration file ;) it should also be know
that I am using windows xp to test with. I have tested this with both
the hidden and veto directives on and off - same effect, either way.

[global]
    netbios name = SMBSRV
    workgroup = OFFICE
    server string = Palladium %v
    security = user
    encrypt passwords = yes
    ntlm auth = yes
    lanman auth = no
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n Retype*new*password* %n\n *updated*
;    unix password sync = yes
    domain master = yes
    domain logons = yes
    os level = 35
    name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
    log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
    log level = 3
    max log size = 1000
    syslog only = no
    syslog = 3
    preferred master = yes
    local master = yes
    wins support = yes
    username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
    logon script = %G.vbs
    logon path =
    logon drive = H:
    logon home =
    interfaces = lo eth0
    bind interfaces only = Yes
    hosts deny = ALL
    hosts allow = 127. 10.0.0.0/24
    obey pam restrictions = yes
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY
;       time server = yes
;       printcap name = cups
;       printing = cups
    pam password change = yes
    enable privileges = yes
    dns proxy = no

# Enable Zimbra LDAP Backend
    ldap passwd sync = yes
    passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://zmail.ptest.us:389
    ldap admin dn = "cn=config"
    ldap suffix = dc=ptest,dc=us
    ldap group suffix = ou=groups
    ldap user suffix = ou=people
    ldap machine suffix = ou=machines
;    guest account = nobody
;    invalid users = root

        # SCRIPTS: if uncommented, each script has been tested and
should be assumed solid.
    add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -n -g 100 -c "Workstation
(%u)" -M -d /nohome -s /bin/false "%u"
    add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -n -g 100 -d /export/homes/"%u"
-s /bin/false "%u"
    delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel "%u"
    add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd "%g"
    delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel "%g"
    add user to group script = /usr/bin/gpasswd -a "%u" "%g"
    delete user from group script = /usr/bin/gpasswd -d %u" "%g"
    set primary group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -g "%g" "%u"

[apps]
    comment = Software and Utilities
    path = /export/apps
    browseable = yes
    writable = no
    write list = @dmins, admin, root, thomas
;    read list = @domusers, @domadmins, admin, root

[docs]
    comment = Corporate Documentation
    path = /export/docs
    browseable = yes
    writable = yes
;    read list = @domusers, @domadmins, test6, admin, root
;    write list = @domadmins, admin, root, thomas

[homes]
    comment = Your Home Directory
    path = /export/homes/%U
    browseable = no
    writable = yes
    valid users = %S
;    hide files = /.bash*/*.ini/*.mozilla/*profile*/
;    veto files = /*Music.lnk*/*Pictures.lnk*/
;    delete veto files = Yes

[netlogon]
    comment = Network Logon Service
    path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
    guest ok = yes
    writable = no
;    share modes = no
;    write list = @domadmins

;[Profiles]
;    path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
;    browseable = no
;    guest ok = yes

# A public directory accessible by any domain user
[public]
    comment = Public Stuff
    path = /export/public
    public = yes