[Samba] Permissions and security

Mister Olli mister.olli at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 2 14:23:04 GMT 2009

Hi,

hm that's strange. I just rethought my setup and I remember having set
posix default ACL's on the folders that permit the reading for the
groups.
I'm not quite sure if this was only to allow proper access to user
coming via SSH/ scp or if it is also needed by samba.

Maybe you wanna give it a try. What it did is just setting a default ACL
that allows user & the group (referenced by it's exact name) to access
the directory, and for nobody else.

this is just to simple commands. If you need I can look if they are
documented in my install howto.

the reason I'm using default ACL's is, that the ACL definition will be
applied to every new folder/ file that is created within the share. that
makes things really easy.

Regards,
---
Mr. Olli