[Samba] Windows 7 RC

ollopa rick at sloservers.com
Mon Jun 1 23:43:39 GMT 2009

I'm having trouble logging on to a domain with Win7 RC (7100) after joining.
I have added/set the following registry keys:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters
DWORD DomainCompatibilityMode = 1
DWORD DNSNameResolutionRequired = 0

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Netlogon\Parameters
DWORD RequireStrongKey = 0
DWORD RequireSignOnSeal = 0

Joined the domain fine, but I get "The trust relationship between this
workstation and the primary domain failed" message when I try to login.  I
have double and triple-checked the RequireStrongKey=0 entry, and it is set
as above without any typos.  Samba 3.0.34

I see this entry in the log for the affected machine:

[2009/06/01 16:32:59, 2] libsmb/credentials.c:creds_server_check(220)
  creds_server_check: credentials check failed.
[2009/06/01 16:32:59, 0] rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c:_net_auth_2(478)
  _net_auth2: creds_server_check failed. Rejecting auth request from client
WIN7CLAUD machine account WIN7CLAUD$

I don't know if that helps any.  All the Win2k and XP workstations can log
on to the domain just fine.  I tried removing and re-joining the machine,
but no change.

Other people seem to have this working.  I don't know what is different
about my setup or where to investigate further.  Help!!

Thanks,
Rick