[Samba] Windows share permissions with Samba

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Jul 31 18:33:17 MDT 2009

I use Windows very little, and am not knowledgeable about it.
But I'm trying to use samba to backup my wife's laptop
on my CentOS server with BackupPC (and samba).

This runs fine, except that one directory/folder
is not backed up, even though I have specified that
it is to be shared.

Is each Windows XP folder "owned" by a user?
Can anyone point me to a document (online)
explaining Windows permissions in a simple way?

Also, can I use samba on the same server
with client Windows machines in different Workgroups?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net