[Samba] [samba] Password complexity checks

Radek mamgdzies at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 02:22:32 MDT 2009

Hello,

I want to use crackcheck to check password complexity, but users (when
password change failed because of complexity check fail) gets only
information about valid password length, password history. I think that may
be a problem for users.

How can I (or Can I?) give them information about expected complexity. I'm
almost sure that with NT PDC they would get information about expected
complexity.  Crackcheck exits with error -4, and writes information to
stderr, maybe can I use that and send it somehow to the client or force
Windows XP to display standard message about password complexity like with
NT PDC?

Regards and many thanks.

Radek