[Samba] [SOLVED]Mount errors,....try try again

Wikked one wikked1 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 30 09:06:14 MDT 2009

Work around maybe.
I created a samba user administrator on the system I wanted to access with a mount command.
Which as it turns out is a little different ,you use a cifs mount in the fstab with an auth.smb file to specify
username and password.
It seems as thought smbfs is no longer supported and you have to use cifs.

The end result is not ideal BUT the benefit was I found a reliable way to get a current version of
Samba on my CentOS server. Thanks for that guys!!