[Samba] Winbind issue connecting to trusted domain controllers

jrmailgate-samba at yahoo.co.uk jrmailgate-samba at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 30 02:27:49 MDT 2009

>> So, is there a way I can specify that winbind only uses the CSS domain and does not try and connect to the other trusted domains?
>
> allow trusted domains = no

Thanks for the suggestion, but this didn't make a difference.

However, I've managed to find the answer / workaround:

The following needs to be set in smb.conf:

winbind:ignore domains = MAT LPS LAB MMSC GRP IMCR UPGRADE CENTRAL MISE 4THFLOOR AD  CSSDEV NAS

In case it's not obvious, the list is the names of all the trusted domains I want Winbind to ignore. I did see a patch that performs the inverse of this (so you specify the domains you *want* to search) but as this is not part of the mainline code I decided to avoid it as I don't want to be maintaining different versions.

Thanks

Julian