[Samba] Cannot Access Workgroup shares

Dan Grindstaff dan at oakrun.net
Wed Jul 29 13:40:52 MDT 2009

Hello All,

I have set up samba server 3.0.33-0.fc8 and successfully created a share
accessible by all machines in my workgroup.  When I open up network on my
linux box I can see all other machines in the workgroup.  I have set up
other shares on other machines and am able to see them but when I try to
open the share from linux I get login message. I do not want to have to log
in from linux.  I have set up the shares on the windows machines to be
accessible to everyone. TIA for any and all advice.