[Samba] winbind and getent

Gabriel Petrescu gabrielescu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 06:28:13 MDT 2009

based on all the info i found: books and how to's

if you have a samba server member of the domain you don't need ldap / openldap.

you need samba, samba-common, winbind

add samba server to domain and authentificate user / groups from domain.

i wanted to one samba share to be accesible to only one ad group.

i could have access for users, in their homes, but not for groups.

do i need ldap / openldap? why?

Gabi