[Samba] Reverse Veto Files - let's try again!

Illtud Daniel illtud.daniel at llgc.org.uk
Wed Jul 29 03:40:28 MDT 2009

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> It's doable, but I wouldn't use that syntax. I'd
> use an "allowed files = /XXX/" style.

That's what I was thinking, but the question started
off as 'does veto files take !', so that's where my
convoluted syntax example came from.

> Not been implemented yet.... Patch welcome :-).

I've barely touched C since before I started using samba
(and that's 15 years ago...) but if you insist, I'll
cludge something together in a week that'll take somebody
else five minutes to completely rewrite... :)

Any preference for precedence of 'allowed files' vs 'veto files'?
Or would you want an apache-style 'Order allowed veto' option?
(please say no).

Illtud Daniel                                 illtud.daniel at llgc.org.uk
Prif Swyddog Technoleg                          Chief Technical Officer
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru                  National Library of Wales