[Samba] Streaming large videos causes server's networking to crash

Quinn Fissler qfissler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 00:47:35 MDT 2009

Which network device are you using?

when it happens, do a
dmesg|tail
on the server. Anything interesting there?

I had a similar symptoms which turned out to be caused by the Realtek device
on my motherboard and the driver in my Linux distro. (and when I fixed that
by using another driver, my machine was still not stable so I swapped the
motherboard out for an older one - that's when I found I also had a faulty
sata data cable... Just be warned that problems don't always come alone)