[Samba] Firewall rules to block other's computers browse list

David Christensen dpchrist at holgerdanske.com
Mon Jul 27 17:39:35 MDT 2009

MargoAndTodd wrote:
> My Samba server/firewall has three (two real, one virtual) network
> cards:
> eth0.5: connects to a terminal server
> eth0: internal network with about 10 XP workstations
> eth1: the Internet

An Internet firewall should be a dedicated machine.  I use IPCop:

    http://www.ipcop.org/

IPCop has a reasonably simple installer, an excellent CGI interface,
lots of features, and is light-weight -- I ran a Pentium 166 machine
with 32 MB RAM, 4 GB HDD, and three 10/100 Mbps NIC's until recently.
It could have used more RAM, but it worked.

HTH,

David