[Samba] Share access problem from 3.4.0 (solved)

Arendt, Volker Arendt at wiwi.uni-wuppertal.de
Mon Jul 27 08:43:26 MDT 2009

Hi all,

as it happens very often the problem sits about 30 centimeters from the
monitor (thanks for that, Volker)!

I incorrectly assumed that i can access the same directory on a GPFS file
system from two different nodes. As such my current "problem" is solved.
Currently we have to isolate access to a directory on GPFS to a single
node.

My next steps would be to setup CTDB and SAMBA on AIX. But the
documentation is not suited for a AIX install as it is very linux based. I
would be willing to cooperate to build the documentation and a reference
installation for AIX.

How about you, Bill? Shall we give it a try?! ;-)

Kind regards

Volker