[Samba] Samba-PDC with winbind on Samba-domain-member

Dr. Bernhard Lummer b.lummer at highyag.de
Mon Jul 27 02:40:57 MDT 2009

Hi,

We have set up a Samba PDC (3.3.4) with tdb backend working fine.
Now we are going to add a Samba domain member (3.2.4) where users are authenticated through winbind against the PDC user-database. After having joined the domain this works fine but, when we issue

wbinfo -u
or
wbinfo -g

on the domain member no entries are displayed.

wbinfo -i "user"
lists the correct user-info held in the winbind-cache.

"getent passwd" and "getent group" only show the local entries of the Samba domain member.

How can we achieve that the user- and group-information are replicated from the Samba-PDC to the Samba-domain-member permanently?

Any hints welcome, let me know if additional info's are required

Thanks
Bernhard