[Samba] Samba and ESX 3.2 update 4

Halder, Debesh Debesh.Halder at actewagl.com.au
Sun Jul 26 19:40:48 MDT 2009

Hi there,
Currently Samba 3.20.b (SLES 9.3) is running in a standalone server in  AMD64 platform. Users from Windows platform can create/delete NFS files without logging into the Samba server, username exist in the sambaserver but no password is required to map a share e.g. \\sambaserver\sharename. We would like to move to VMware ESX 3.2 update 4 platform running in x86-64 platform.

What I need to know if there is any known issue using Samba 3.0.28 (SLES 10.2) or Samba 3.0.33 (RHEL 5.3) on VMware ESX 3.2 update 4? Also if there is any issue with Samba 3.x and Windows 2008 AD?

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Debesh

  ________________________________
*PLEASE NOTE* This email and any attachments may
be confidential. If received in error, please delete all
copies and advise the sender. The reproduction or
dissemination of this email or its attachments is
prohibited without the consent of the sender.

WARNING RE VIRUSES: Our computer systems sweep
outgoing email to guard against viruses, but no warranty
is given that this email or its attachments are virus free.
Before opening or using attachments, please check for
viruses. Our liability is limited to the re-supply of any
affected attachments.

individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views of the
organisation.