[Samba] Samba 3.3.2 and roaming profiles

Jonathon Doran jon at doransw.com
Sun Jul 26 13:08:31 MDT 2009

The following thread mentions a possible issue with 3.3.2, and roaming
profiles which do not load correctly:

I would like the list's feedback on whether this is a real issue or
not.  I have been looking into profile creation/loading issues this
weekend, and would like to know if moving up to 3.4 would be a good
idea.  (I am using 3.3.2-0.33.fc11
which is the current package available for Fedora 11).

A wireshark capture of network traffic shows what appears to be a
permissions problem when creating a profile.  Permissions on disk look
OK, "profiles acls"
is set on the share.  I'm looking closely for an ACL issue.