[Samba] Samba Member server cannot access other Member servers

Wikked one wikked1 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 24 15:15:01 MDT 2009

Dear List,

               I’ve
got a Samba NT4 domain with multiple samba member servers serving files using
domain security. Current member servers are all running CentOS 4.7 with 3.0.28-0.el4.9
I have no issues (except aging) with these systems.

I’m upgrading a major file server with CentOS5.3 64 bit with
Samba 3.0.33-3.7el5_3.1

,it’s all setup and configured but here’s a show stopper for
implementation.

When I attempt to access another Samba server with this
version ,I am prompted for authentication,even though the machine has full
domain access.

Additionally I have been mounting a domain member share on a
non domain member server in order to back it up with a command in the
/etc/fstab.

This no longer works and even when I specify the
administrator and password I have a wrong password error.

Here’s the 3.0.28 config file

[global]

     workgroup = workgroup

    netbios name = OldSystem

    passdb backend=ldapsam:ldap://System.MyGroup.com

    idmap backend = ldap://192.168.1.1

    security = domain

    encrypt passwords= yes

    ldap suffix=dc=MyGroup,dc=com

    ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers

    ldap user suffix =ou=Users

    ldap group suffix =ou=Groups

    ldap admin dn =cn=Manager,dc=MyGroup,dc=com

    ldap passwd sync=yes

    socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192

    os level = 20

    local master = no

    wins server =192.168.1.1

    log level= 5

    idmap uid = 16777216-33554431

    idmap gid = 16777216-33554431

    template shell = /bin/false

    winbind use default domain = no

[SHARE]

    writeable = yes

    valid users = @"Domain Users"

    path = /usr/smb/share

    force directory mode = 777

    force create mode = 777

     nt acl support =yes

And the 3.0.33 config file

workgroup = workgroup

   security = domain

   idmap uid = 16777216-33554431

   idmap gid = 16777216-33554431

   template shell = /bin/false

   winbind use default domain = false

   winbind offline logon = false

    ldap user suffix = ou=Users

    socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192

    wins server = 192.168.1.1

    winbind trusted domains only = yes

    idmap backend = ldap://192.168.1.1

    encrypt passwords = yes

    passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://System.MyGroup.com

    nt acl support = yes

    netbios name = NewSystem

    ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers

    ldap group suffix = ou=Groups

    ldap passwd sync = yes
    ldap suffix = dc=MyGroup,dc=com

    local master = no

    winbind enum groups = no

    os level = 20

    ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=MyGroup,dc=com

    log level = 5

[NEWSHARE]

    nt acl support = yes

    guest account = administrator