[Samba] tdbsam.

Linux Addict linuxaddict7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 14:03:44 MDT 2009

The documentation says "As a general guide, the Samba Team does not
recommend using the tdbsam backend for sites that have 250 or more users".
Since we moved default passbd backend to tdbsam, does that statements still
holds true.

As an FYI, I am using Samba-3.2.4, idmap_rid with tdbsam as backend for
about 3 years with 2000 users on member server configuration authenticating
AD 2003. Occasionally I had db corrupt issues, but restarting winbind
resolved most of the times.

I am planning an upgrade to 4. Please someone confirm me on if tdbsam is
improved to hold huge no. of objects.

~LA