[Samba] Cannot generare SSPI context

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Wed Jul 22 05:34:45 MDT 2009

On Wednesday 22 July 2009 13:14:14 Muhammad Sharfuddin wrote:
Hello,

> wine is also installed on SLED11: wine-1.1.26-1.1.i586.rpm
>
> MS SQL Server 2000 SP3 is a Member server.
> SLED11 is also a MS Active Directory Domain member/client

Wine has not been tested extensively in NT4 or AD domain environments, thank
you for the feedback.

> Login as Administrator on the MS AD Domain from SLED11
>
> run the following command
> 'wine control' then choose ODBC.
> then on the screen/page "How should SQL server verify the authenticity
> of the Login ID?"
> I select "with Windows NT authentication using the Network Login ID"
> then click on "Next" and got the following error

Ok, I wonder what security mode this is turning on in respect to SSPI.

> I beleive its not the wine issue, its some thing related to
> authentication i.e with samba, because I have created odbc
> connections(via wine) in a non MS AD environment, and then I have to
> select the "with SQL server authentication using a login and password
> provided by the user" on the  "How should SQL server verify the
> authenticity of the Login ID?" screen/page.

I'm willing to believe it is a Wine issue, given that I wrote quite a bit of
the Wine SSPI code. Just to make sure at what part of the chain this is
failing, can you run your application with "WINEDEBUG=+secur32,+ntlm wine
app.exe > wine_sspi_trace.txt 2>&1" and post the resulting log file? My first
guess would be that the app tries to use SPNEGO or Kerberos when in an AD
domain, and Wine does not handle that yet. It's on my todo list, and if
that's what is stopping you from using your app, I can see if there is a way
to fix it.

Cheers,
Kai

--