[Samba] Deploying apps via policy

Norberto Bensa nbensa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 15:12:24 MDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Marcio Merlone<marcio.merlone at a1.ind.br> wrote:
> Mister Olli escreveu:
>>
>> see http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Franky.
>>

> At this point of samba4 devel, is it possible to run a small network without
> the Frank stuff, i.e. a pure samba4 setup without samba3? I just need an AD,
> file sharing and a couple of Windows server members, no printers, no nothing
> fancy.

I've just tried samba4 in a small virtualized environment (3 vms)
using ubuntu karmic (9.10 alpha) as server and windows 2k and xp as
clients.

I could add machines and users to the domain, access shares in the
server, but I couldn't browse the network. smbclient doesn't work for
browsing either, it shows a "REWRITE: browsing not implemented" or
something like that.

HTH,
Norberto