[Samba] Winbind keeps failing after a week

Kevin Blackwell akblackwel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 12:50:52 MDT 2009

Hello,

Currently I'm running FC11 with samba 3.0.STABLE15.

I'm using samba with squid to log NTLM authentication.

Well, just about every week, my /var/log/samba/log.wb-$DOMAIN file
starts to get full with these lines.

[2009/07/09 07:11:24,  0]
rpc_client/cli_netlogon.c:rpccli_netlogon_set_trust_password(597)
  rpccli_netr_ServerPasswordSet2 failed: NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD

If i issue a

net ads join -U Administrator%password,

everything returns to normal. What i can't figure out is why the
authentication keeps falling over on a weekly basis.

Anyone have any ideas?

Kevin