[Samba] Deploying apps via policy

Mister Olli mister.olli at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 19 08:48:25 MDT 2009

Hi,

don't know about that. Would be nice too. Somehow implementing Active
Directory with Samba4 is a straight-forward job and enables espacially
small companies to have a well structured IT. trust me this solves a lot
of problems with daily IT ;-))
It's somehow cheap as you already have some kind for server for central
data storage/ printers/ scanners/ ... but not licence costs.

Some thing I'm currently missing is ability to configure samba shares
with some MS tool (don't know if this would ever be possible???) that
integrates into MS domain administration tools.

Btw having GPO at place reduces much of the "hand work" you have to to
for client PC setup.

Regards,
---
Mr. Olli