[Samba] How to test roaming profiles

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Jul 18 09:19:08 MDT 2009

Hi,

I'm working on a server that was upgraded a few weeks ago (Linux
Mandriva was reinstalled with a more up-to-date Samba version which is
3.3.2).

Now, roaming profiles no longer work. I even wonder what would be the
proper to way to test them. Workstations are running Windows XP.

I followed the procedure for Win2000/XP located here:
http://us6.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/ProfileMgmt.html#id2660622

and the profile conversion for userx took place; however, looking on the
workstation, it says that userx's profile is roaming but its status is
local. Adding a file on the Desktop, and after logout, the file is not
synched to the server.

Thanks,

--
Marc Delisle