[Samba] samba ldap problem

Johan Hendriks Johan at double-l.nl
Fri Jul 17 06:18:22 MDT 2009

>>> Very strange is also teh fact, that the first connection works, but
>>> gets interrupted in the middle somehow and then all subsequent
>>> attempts using smbclient fail:
>>
>>> root:13# pgrep smbd
>>> 4268
>>> 30945
>>> root:14# smbclient -U mbalmer -L tesla
>>> Password:
>>> Domain=[EDUBS] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.34]
>>> snip ......................
>>
>>> This is on OpenBSD 4.4/i386, btw.
>>
>>> - Marc
>>
>> Did you copy the new samba schema file from the new samba version to

>> the
>> openldap scheme directory?
>> I had some strange problems once after a update and that was the
>> case in
>> my situation.

>Yes I did that, but of course the additional fields in the SambaDomain

>object are empty.  Do I need to full them with some values?

>- Marc

As far as i know not, in my case the copy of schema file was enough, i
could not imagine why it needs altering.
I mean this file (On FreeBSD).
/usr/local/share/examples/samba/LDAP/samba.schema

And that needs to be copied to the loaction mentioned in your slapd.conf
file:
in my case:
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema

regards,
Johan