[Samba] Samba 3.2.12 - troubels with winbind

Richard Lamboj Richard.Lamboj at gmx.at
Fri Jul 17 03:01:55 MDT 2009

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:20:26 -0700
> Von: Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
> An: Richard Lamboj <Richard.Lamboj at gmx.at>
> CC: samba at lists.samba.org
> Betreff: Re: [Samba] Samba 3.2.12 - troubels with winbind

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:06:30AM +0200, Richard Lamboj wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i'am fighting against winbind since Samba 3.2.5
> >
> > 1.) Sometimes all Windows Maschines hangs couse winbind hangs.
> > 2.) getent passwd is sometimes damned slow
> >
> > Is that normal? Sometimes it needs 10 to 30 seconds to respond! Should i
> set winbind cache time higher than 300?
>
> No this isn't normal.Is your DNS set up correctly ?
> These sound like DNS timeouts to me.
>
> Jeremy.

Good morning,

i have one WINS Server running. The other PDC from the trusted Domains are using this WINS Server. Needs it more like a BIND9 DNS? If yes what for entrys does it need? The Bind9 has just entrys for the Servers like "server-pdc.domain.tld". The same is in the Hosts File. The Windows XP Clients are using the WINS Server and got them over DHCP.

This are three trusted domains. On some Maschines all trusted domains need to be accessable, without a "winbind hang". The Servers are Samba 3.2.12 only. Some Users have mounted the shares of trusted domains, so a "winbind hang" is fatal for work!

So pls tell me what i can do. Its clear if winbind hangs the full maschine hangs couse it uses libnss_winbind and pam_winbind.

It is hard to find something about trusted domains and Samba. I'am using this since over 6 months and got always in troubles :(

have a nice day :)