[Samba] Ubuntu Jaunty samba 3.3.2 print$ no write rights even though I do; -)

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Jul 16 16:01:44 MDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 05:31:21PM -0400, Glenn T. Arnold wrote:
> Here is the level 10 log files I sent the first one as attachments which look
> like did not make it through.

I don't see any attempts to open the print$ share in these logs.

I do see an error :

netlogon_creds_server_check: challenge : 14D0450551344C93
calculated: BAB7D8066C1D3129
netlogon_creds_server_check: credentials check failed.
_netr_ServerAuthenticate3: netlogon_creds_server_check failed. Rejecting
auth request from client WIN7 machine account WIN7$

Is this a Win7 machine ? 3.3.2 doesn't have the fixes
for Win7 netlogon credentials in it (hardly suprising
as Win7 wasn't even a twinkle in Microsoft's release
schedule when 3.3.2 was shipped :-).

Jeremy.