[Samba] Security Policy.

Agustin Eguia agustin.eguia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 02:48:00 MDT 2009

I don't think that saying RTFM is the best approach... but anyway...

I already readed the manual and found the information given there
somewhat confusing at least for people who hasn't been working with
samba for a long time. I edited my smb.conf file and added the
following lines :

[records]
         vfs objects = full_audit
         path = /shared/records
         full_audit:prefix = %u|%I|%T|%M|%m
         full_audit:success = open opendir read readdir rmdir sendfile
write chmod chmod_acl chown connect disconnect mkdir
         full_audit:failure = all

I restarted the smb service but there are no log files to be found at
the path I gave, am I missing something ? Also I don't know in the
following line "full_audit:facility = LOCAL7" what LOCAL7 stands for.
I tryed opening various files on the shares from another computer and
nothing happened

Thanks,

A.