[Samba] can not read file permissions via samba over gpfs

David david.peer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 05:37:09 MDT 2009

Hi Volker,

Thanks for all your help and I'm sorry if I'm being a nag, but I have to
check all my options before moving on using nfsv4 authorization.
I quickly setup a test server with the same configuration like on my prod
environment, and I found that if remove gpfs module from the "vfs object"
option line, I can see the permissions and get the proper permissions from
the acls entries. (just like in example I sent at the begging)

If this resolves my problem, is there a reason why not using this solution?
It also don't come up with what you wrote before which totally make sense to
me...

David