[Samba] can not read file permissions via samba over gpfs

David david.peer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 05:01:43 MDT 2009

So how can I resolve this issue?
How come I can't see this behavior on non gpfs shares?

The only thing I can think off is to: changes gpfs filesystem authorization
to nfsv4 or all(posix and nfsv4), and change samba configuration according.
I don't have any nfsv4 clients, only Linux, MacOsx and windows XP which are
nfsv3 and smb.

David