[Samba] New samba server

sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Tue Jul 14 09:40:56 MDT 2009

I did not get this finished last summer, so decided to just wait and do it
this summer.  I have setup my new samba server and was trying to get some
things tweaked to the way that I want them.  I thought that I had asked
this before and that I could do it, but it seems that it does not work.

My new server is running as a domain server just like the old.  It has the
same domain name and I change the the SID using net setlocalsid to the
same sid number as my old server.  This new server is in a test
environment right now.

I was hoping that my old machines could just log into this server without
having to get out of the domain and then rejoin it, but that does not
work.  It tells me that the domain is not there until I get out of the old
one and then rejoin the new one.  Is that how it has to work?  I was
hoping I would not have to do that if I left the domain name the same and
set the SID on the new server.  I just want to make sure I am not missing
something before I go around to all 400 computers on campus and have them
removed and rejoined to the domain.

Thanks.

--
Scott Mayo - System Administrator
Bloomfield Schools

Question: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Answer: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?