[Samba] Sharing same directory with Samba and NFS

Ian Hayes cthulhucalling at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:14:26 MDT 2009

This topic seems to rear its head every now and then, but I can't seem to
get a definitive answer

I'm running a single RHEL5 server that is currently serving out home
directories and a public share via Samba. My Linux desktop clients would
like to access these same shares via NFS. So, the age-old question, is it
possible or am I looking at a lifetime of pain and corrupted data?

I will eventually be running a cluster of 3 servers, one running Samba, one
running NFS and one as a standby.

I've read that "it's possible but....." nothing really specific.