[Samba] Samba4. Provision script fails.

Василий Озеров fr33m2n at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 10:26:29 MDT 2009

Good day.

I want to try a new version of samba. I have installed samba4:

freebsd-samba# samba4 -V
Version 4.0.0alpha8
freebsd-samba# uname -a
FreeBSD freebsd-samba.domain 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Sun
Feb 24 19:59:52 UTC 2008
root at logan.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
freebsd-samba#

I used port system to install samba. Then i wan't to use provision
script to configure samba as domain controller. And the provision
script fails with segmentation fault:

freebsd-samba# /usr/local/share/samba4/setup/provision
--realm=freebsd.unix --domain=unix --adminpass=password
--server-role='domain controller'
Setting up secrets.ldb
Setting up the registry
Setting up templates db
Setting up idmap db
schema_fsmo_init: no schema head present: (skip schema loading)
naming_fsmo_init: no partitions dn present: (skip loading of naming
contexts details)
pdc_fsmo_init: no domain object present: (skip loading of domain details)
schema_fsmo_init: no schema dn present: (skip schema loading)
naming_fsmo_init: no partitions dn present: (skip loading of naming
contexts details)
pdc_fsmo_init: no domain dn present: (skip loading of domain details)
Setting up sam.ldb attributes
Setting up sam.ldb rootDSE
Erasing data from partitions
schema_fsmo_init: no schema head present: (skip schema loading)
naming_fsmo_init: no partitions dn present: (skip loading of naming
contexts details)
pdc_fsmo_init: no domain object present: (skip loading of domain details)
Pre-loading the Samba 4 and AD schema
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
freebsd-samba#

What can I do with this?