[Samba] net command in sernet -samba 3.4 for RHEL

Adam Cohen adamcohen at berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 10 17:20:06 MDT 2009

True.  It looks like something went wrong in my first install of
samba3-client.  I ran a reinstall and the binary is there and working
correctly.

samba3-client conflicted with samba-common 3.0.33 provided by RHEL.  I
removed that package first to resolve the conflict.   It's possible that
is where things went awry.

The other side effect of removing samba-common is that it is required by
Gnome and KDE.   So now I have no gui desktop.
RHEL bug 446349 -  libsmbclient requires samba-windbind (and samba-common)

--
Adam Cohen / IT Manager
Energy Biosciences Institute / UC Berkeley