[Samba] No Error When Trying To Delete Protected Files WithWindows Explorer

Fri Jul 10 07:59:47 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 01:06:40AM -0600, Har Gagan Sahai wrote:
> Can you please tell me in which samba version this problem was fixed ?
> I am using 3.0.32 and facing the same problem on the NSS
> file system. (bug #5841).
>
> Probably with the change I would be able to see the error
> in the windows machine.

The problem is definitely fixed in 3.0.32. However, the fix
depends on a correct mapping from file system ACLs to NT
ACLs. I'm not aware that there exists such a mapping for the
NSS file system. You might want to contact Novell to provide
it.

Volker