[Samba] editposix: winbind -u: Error looking up domain users

Norberto Bensa nbensa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 18:48:10 GMT 2009

Hello list,

I'm trying this configuration:

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Ldapsam_Editposix

Everything works. I can add users, list users, delete users (and
groups) with "net rpc user..." I can join clients, etc.

*But* wbinfo -u  and -g gives:

zoolook at kvm-test-samba1:~$ wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users
zoolook at kvm-test-samba1:~$ wbinfo -g
BUILTIN\administrators
BUILTIN\users

Is this normal behavior?

Many thanks in advance,
Norberto

PS: smb.conf just in case:

[global]
        workgroup = PRUEBA
        passdb backend = ldapsam
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 65
        domain master = Yes
        wins support = Yes
        ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=prueba,dc=dominio
        ldap delete dn = Yes
        ldap group suffix = ou=groups
        ldap machine suffix = ou=computers
        ldap suffix = dc=prueba,dc=dominio
        ldap user suffix = ou=users
        idmap domains = DEFAULT
        idmap alloc backend = ldap
        idmap alloc config:range = 50000-500000
        idmap alloc config:ldap_url = ldap://localhost
        idmap alloc config:ldap_user_dn = cn=admin,dc=prueba,dc=dominio
        idmap alloc config:ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap,dc=prueba,dc=dominio
        idmap config DEFAULT:range = 50000-500000
        idmap config DEFAULT:ldap_url = ldap://localhost
        idmap config DEFAULT:ldap_user_dn = cn=admin,dc=prueba,dc=dominio
        idmap config DEFAULT:ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap,dc=prueba,dc=dominio
        idmap config DEFAULT:default = yes
        idmap config DEFAULT:readonly = no
        idmap config DEFAULT:backend = ldap
        ldapsam:editposix = yes