[Samba] bash change from "root@myserver" to "Administrator@myserver"

suphakit at gmx.com suphakit at gmx.com
Wed Jul 8 07:53:19 GMT 2009

Hi Guys,

I have posted this subject long time ago  but this problem still
persistently happens on my linux+pdc server.

Here is my server detail , CentOs5.1 + Samba-3.0.25b + Fedora Directory
Server

So far every is running fine. It is just one thing I don't understand
what I have done wrong.

Normally if you open teminal window it should be like " [root at myserver
/]" but sometime when I sat in front the server  and  open a terminal
then it  showed "[Administrator at myserver /]# " . And after I rebooted
the server ,it changed back to [root at myserver /]" I could not
reconstruct the problem whether when it will happen again.

Please find below my nsswitch.conf and system-auth file

#
# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# An example Name Service Switch config file. This file should be
# sorted with the most-used services at the beginning.
#
# The entry '[NOTFOUND=return]' means that the search for an
# entry should stop if the search in the previous entry turned
# up nothing. Note that if the search failed due to some other reason
# (like no NIS server responding) then the search continues with the
# next entry.
#
# Legal entries are:
#
#       nisplus or nis+         Use NIS+ (NIS version 3)
#       nis or yp               Use NIS (NIS version 2), also called YP
#       dns                     Use DNS (Domain Name Service)
#       files                   Use the local files
#       db                      Use the local database (.db) files
#       compat                  Use NIS on compat mode
#       hesiod                  Use Hesiod for user lookups
#       [NOTFOUND=return]       Stop searching if not found so far
#

# To use db, put the "db" in front of "files" for entries you want to be
# looked up first in the databases
#
# Example:
#passwd:    db files nisplus nis
#shadow:    db files nisplus nis
#group:     db files nisplus nis

passwd:     files ldap
shadow:     files ldap
group:      files ldap

#hosts:     db files nisplus nis dns
hosts:      files dns

# Example - obey only what nisplus tells us...
#services:   nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
#networks:   nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
#protocols:  nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
#rpc:        nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
#ethers:     nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
#netmasks:   nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files

bootparams: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files

ethers:     files
netmasks:   files
networks:   files
protocols:  files ldap
rpc:        files
services:   files ldap

netgroup:   files ldap

publickey:  nisplus

automount:  files ldap
aliases:    files nisplus

/etc/pam.d/system-auth

#%PAM-1.0
# This file is auto-generated.
auth        required      pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    pam_unix.so nullok try_first_pass
auth        requisite     pam_succeed_if.so uid >= 500 quiet
auth        sufficient    pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
auth        required      pam_deny.so

account     required      pam_unix.so broken_shadow
account     sufficient    pam_succeed_if.so uid < 500 quiet
account     [default=bad success=ok user_unknown=ignore] pam_ldap.so
account     required      pam_permit.so

password    requisite     pam_cracklib.so retry=3
password    sufficient    pam_unix.so md5 shadow nullok try_first_pass
use_authtok
password    sufficient    pam_ldap.so use_authtok
password    required      pam_deny.so

session     optional      pam_keyinit.so revoke
session     required      pam_limits.so
session     [success=1 default=ignore] pam_succeed_if.so service in
crond quiet use_uid
session     required      pam_unix.so
session     optional      pam_ldap.so

Thank you ,