[Samba] Best way to setup Samba + OpenLDAP + Linux to use a different partition for /home?

David M Noriega davidmnoriega at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 18:29:03 GMT 2009

I would think the same thing. For my setup here

[homes]
path = /tray2/home/%U

That is simply the path to where our zfs raid is at on the system.
Should be simple as that, though dont know if your admin software can
handle creating zfs filesystems instead of just creating directories.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Charles Marcus<CMarcus at media-brokers.com> wrote:
> On 7/7/2009, Matt Burkhardt (mlb at imparisystems.com) wrote:
>> However, it creates home directories on the small OS drive and he would
>> like to have them all moved to the large RAID array.
>
> Can't you just set the default Home directory for new Users to wherever
> you want it (ie, the large RAID array)?
>
> I don't use Webmin, but I'd be surprised if you can't set some defaults,
> and it seems like the home dir would be one of them...
>
> --
>
> Best regards,
>
> Charles
> --

Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities,
we didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college!
You don't know what it's like out there! I've worked in the private
sector. They expect results. -Ray Ghostbusters