[Samba] permissions problems

Jonathon Doran jon at doransw.com
Tue Jul 7 14:38:25 GMT 2009

Quoting Dale Schroeder <dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com>:

> Jonathan,
>
> Any chance there could be a duplicate user?
> getent passwd|grep /user/ would narrow the list down.
>
> Dale

Thanks for the idea, but no.  Just one occurrence.

I'm pretty sure the namespace with the collision is the profile.
There is already a Desktop and it wants to create another.  Note that
I am *not*
adding this user, it is already in the system and the profile is
already on the share.

PS: to followup the group membership nonsense I was seeing yesterday.
In the evening I logged in from home and saw the group membership was
correct for that user.  Nobody was logged on, and I certainly didn't
fix it.  I wonder if there was a cache somewhere which timed out.