[Samba] samba on solaris losing trust to domain

Walt Park waltpark at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 16:29:41 GMT 2009

Greetings,

I've been having problems lately with samba on Solaris 9
losing the trust with the domain. It seems to be occuring
daily lately. If I net rpc join it joins and works for a while,
and then stops working again. The /usr/local/samba/private/secrets.tdb
does not seem to change when it loses the trust, until it is rejoined,
which is what I would expect.

I am using a default configuration when building the software
with the Sun Studio compilers on samba 3.3.4.  I also had
this on an older build with 3.0.30 also with default configure.

Has anyone else seen this type of behavior or know what
is happening?