[Samba] Re: Intermittent stalling in file transfers / server connections

Philip Pemberton usenet08 at philpem.me.uk
Wed Jul 1 11:04:14 GMT 2009

Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Well, we could possibly make more sense of them if we saw
> them. In particular the part where the timeout happens. A
> couple of 100 lines before that and some 100's of lines
> after that timeout is necessary.

Problem is, they're over the posting limit for the list...

OK, here we go -- shoved in the /temp area of my website:

Samba log (smbd.log): http://www.philpem.me.uk/temp/samba/smbd_log.txt
Samba log (cheetah.log): http://www.philpem.me.uk/temp/samba/cheetah_log.txt
Wireshark trace: http://www.philpem.me.uk/temp/samba/wireshark_log.txt

The machines are:
   Wolf (10.0.0.1)    -- Server. Ubuntu Server 8.10. MAC=Jetway.
   Cheetah (10.0.0.8) -- Client. Windows XP SP3. MAC=ASUSTeK.

The stalling starts at around packet 8882 in the Wireshark log (the gap
between 8882 and 8883 *is* the stall), which equates to 11:25:43 AM. The stall
seems to end at 11:26:02 AM (packet 8883). Both machines sync their clocks on
boot, so the timing should be within a second or so of each other.

Thanks,
--
Phil.
usenet08 at philpem.me.uk
http://www.philpem.me.uk/
If mail bounces, replace "08" with the last two digits of the current year.