[Samba] can't get Samba users from Windows

Kirill Brilliantov brilliantov at inbox.ru
Wed Jul 1 12:43:00 GMT 2009

Hello!
I have installed Debian "Lenny" x64 and samba 3.2.5 from repository and I have some problems.

First:
When I set directory access rights via checkbox from WindowsXPPro SP3 it
seems that it has no effect. I have rebuild samba and samba-common,
version 3.0.24-6etch10, for Debian Lenny and this solved this problem.
Also in rebuilded version DFS is on by default.

Second:
I can't get local users and groups from WindowsXPPro via directory properties.
But from Linux I have successfully get it via net rpc user. I don't have this problem with
Debian "Etch" x86 and samba 3.0.24-6.

I have tried backports version samba 2:3.3.4-1~bpo50+2, but this not solved problems.

Kernel: 2.6.26-1-amd64

My config:
[global]
        workgroup = COMPANY
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
        max log size = 1000
        deadtime = 5
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
        load printers = No
        disable spoolss = Yes
        show add printer wizard = No
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = 192.168.10.240
        invalid users = root
        admin users = +sambaadmin
        create mask = 0660
        directory mask = 0770
        inherit permissions = Yes
        inherit acls = Yes
        map acl inherit = Yes
        hide unreadable = Yes
        map archive = No
        map readonly = no
        store dos attributes = Yes
        follow symlinks = No
        dos filemode = Yes

[share]
        path = /samba/share
        valid users = +sambauser
        read only = No

Mount options: /dev/mapper/vg3-samba /samba ext3 rw,acl 0 0

Directory right: drwxrwxr-x 3 root sambauser  4096 2009-06-26 10:28 share

net rpc user -U user -S 192.168.10.243
Enter user's password:

User name             Comment
-----------------------------
backup
nobody
lp
sshd
root
daemon
mail
Debian-exim
news
bin
user

Thank you and excuse me for my bad english.