[Samba] Windows patching from Linux samba server?

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Thu Jan 29 21:55:55 GMT 2009

www.wpkg.org if you want to keep up with all the updates and create
profiles for them.  personally, its going to be a big headache to use
wpkg to do it, and more cost effective to buy a window server 03 or 08
and run WSUS 3.0 SP1 on it.  You don't need big hardware to run it, WSUS
gets the computer information from the clients, a computer meeting the
minimum requirements for 03 or 08 without RAID will be fine.  I'm
guessing you work for MIT?  You should be able to get the educational
licensing of Windows 03 or 08 plus the Client Access Licenses very
inexpensively.