[Samba] domain power users

charles charlesaburrell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:45:18 GMT 2009

Hello:

I have an nt domain comprised of a samba/openldap pdc with windows xp sp2
clients.
*samba   3.0.28a-1
slapd   2.4.9-0
smbldap-tools   0.9.4-1
Ubuntu 8.04 Server LTS
Windows Xp SP2
*

I have two problems which I think are related.
- using "gpresult" from an xp client on the domain, the user is not shown as
being a "Power Users", even with their primary group (-g) set to "Power
Users"
- I cannot add a local security group from the ldap server, I can't see any
of the groups, I can see and add users however
*dn: cn=Power Users,ou=Groups,dc=*****,dc=bz
objectClass: top,posixGroup,sambaGroupMapping
cn: Power Users
gidNumber: 547
sambaGroupType: 5
displayName: Power Users
sambaSID: S-1-5-32-547
*

I need the "Power Users" groups for Quickbooks. I would be useful if the
"Power Users" privilliges were inheritted from the domain. I'd settle for
adding the Domain "Power Users" group as a local security group.

Thanks.

--
Charles Burrell

Belmopan, Belize