[Samba] Microsoft Access MDB database on Samba share

Daniel Polak daniel at sys.nl
Wed Jan 28 21:09:27 GMT 2009

==== Original message from Volker Lendecke at 28-1-2009 16:44
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:58:37AM +0100, Daniel Polak wrote:
>
>> OpenBSD's equivalent of strace is ktrace. I'm sending you the output of
>> ktrace/kdump by private e-mail.
>>

> Ok, the relevant lines of the traces are:
>
>  17457 smbd     CALL  fcntl(0xa,0x9,0xcfbe6060)
>  17457 smbd     RET   fcntl -1 errno 12 Cannot allocate memory
>
> This is very weird. fcntl shouldn't return ENOMEM, at least
> we don't expect it to do. This is definitely a kernel
> problem / limitation / whatever.

Volker,

I e-mailed with the OpenBSD Samba package maintainer and he says "ENOMEM is not a documented error code of fcntl, and it can really
mean many things".

I'll see if the problem goes away if I upgrade to OpenBSD current and a somewhat later version of Samba.
I'll let you know what I find.

Daniel