[Samba] Does anybody know a VFS module to filter files?

Allen Chen achen at harbourfrontcentre.com
Wed Jan 28 16:38:34 GMT 2009

Walter Mautner wrote:
> Am Monday 26 January 2009 20:30:36 schrieb Allen Chen:
>
>> I use samba 3.0.22 on RHEL 4.
>> Is there any VFS available to filter files belong to the login uid?
>> The problem is that I have a shared folder on samba, but I don't know
>> which file is mine. Too may people put too many files on the folder.
>> So I want to figure it out on Windows XP side to list the files only
>> belong to me.
>>

> "Hide unreadable = yes" stanza - together with "force create mode = 700" or
> something alike. That would in fact inhibit sharing files on that "share".

I want to make my question more clear: there is a samba share which points to
/pathto/share for everybody. It has being working perfect for more than 5 years.
Everybody can read,write and delete on it. Now there are more than 100,000
files&folders in /pathto/share. I want to clean this folder by asking people
to clean their own files. But who knows which file belongs to who? So I want to
create a new share to point to the same share folder /pathto/share. If anybody
maps this new network drive, he/she will only see the files belong to them.

I googled and found some similar VFS module for sorting files. I think we can
make a bit changes on this VFS module and output only those files belong to the
user who maps this new share(though it points to the same place /pathto/share).

Thanks,

Allen