[Samba] Windows can not see Samba Shares

Linuxhopeful robert-cohen at live.com
Tue Jan 27 14:17:55 GMT 2009

ok I have a very basic problem that i can not figure out.  as far as i can
tell i did everything correct i assume there are far more factors to doing
this that i am unaware of.  Here is my problem in two lines:

My window machines can see the Samba Server but can not access the shares
My Samba server can see and access my window machines AND can modify the
shares

I am using Red Hat linux enterprise 5.0 and Windows XP professional SP3.

Help, and thank you