[Samba] call_trans2qfsinfo: not an allowed info level (0x102) on IPC$

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Sun Jan 25 19:13:02 GMT 2009

I have a CentOS 5.2 server with Samba 3.2.7 and an LDAP backend .
Everything is working well and smooth.
I noticed that the log files for some client machines (Windows XP)
contain the following:

[<date><time>,  0] smbd/trans2.c:call_trans2qfsinfo(2568)
  call_trans2qfsinfo: not an allowed info level (0x102) on IPC$.

This repeats many, many times for a single session.

I googled this and only obtained two entries, which seems to indicate a
very recent issue:

http://forums.opensuse.org/1847349-post1.html

http://www.linuxdiyf.com/bbs/redirect.php?tid=113208&goto=lastpost

As I said, all seems to be working correctly but I am seeing long logs
filled with this.

Does anyone here know what does this mean? Could one of the developers
inform us?

Thank you!